The 2nd Edition of Bare is finally here!! From 1-3 pm on Thursday, May 5th we will be passing out the magazine for FREE on Case Walkway. Make sure you get there because there are limited color copies!
Reasons you should come and get Bare:
- There will be music by Boyfriend, Jon & Zoe & Leo, and Houseboat.
- Eat yummy snacks of many sorts.
- You can read and view over 50 beautiful, provocative, and truthful writing pieces and artistic representations done by your peers about sex and sexuality.
- You can schmooze with the creators and contributors of the magazine!
- Look at some boobs and penises. If that doesn’t get you, I don’t know what else will…
- It has a bigger, better format than the 1st edition!
See you there!
P.S -Thank you to all of you who submitted this semester and contributed to the process. We had more submissions than ever and could not have done it without you!
Last Saturday, Bare was well represented at the Rally for Planned Parenthood in Foley Square in New York City. Skidmore chartered a bus there sponsored by the Albany Planned Parenthood, and took nearly 50 students to the rally that day. I think everyone who attended would agree that it was a powerful experience, with speakers like Cecile Richards (president of Planned Parenthood), Senator Charles Schumer, Congressmembers Anthony Weiner and Carolyn Maloney (among many others), Gloria Stienem, and Kathleen Turner to name just a few. Over 5,000 people came out to show their support and stand up for women’s health.
Thanks to Brooklyn Vegan for all of the great coverage.
Sign this letter to congress and stand up for women’s health!
Thanks to Lily Manganiello for this picture!
Tomorrow, wednesday march 2 from 11-3 upstairs in Case center, there’s gonna be a BAKE SALE! Come get some sexy and tasty baked goods at prices the burgess just cant compete with. Accepting cash and the skidcard, you cant say no.